Thursday 19 January 2012

1&2 Point Perspective Drawing

Using 1pt Perspective in my Comic Part 1

In my comic strip there is going to be at least 1 panel where the scene is a 1 point perspective.
The panel in the image below(panel 2) is the panel.
This is to help me get the right perspective and proportions in the drawing (which is something I often struggle with).

Note: this is not an image of the final panel but a mock up
The below image is an photo I took to practice getting the perspective in panel 2 right, by taking the photo with my finger in the shot as a point of reference for where Saris's head is in the comic and the pink egg shaped thingie as a reference for where the Leviathan are.


I start by importing the photo I took into Photoshop and then began to overlay some lines so I could easily reference the focal point of the image and therefore the focal point of the panel in the comic strip.


I then began to draw those same lines on a piece of paper in my sketch pad.


After this I started to draw in my character Saris looking on toward the rising leviathan with an over the shoulder view, this helped add a degree of drama to the scene as well as showing the scale of the leviathan.


Then I started to add detail to the ground.

And adding detail and shading to saris, the Leviathan and adding more to the ground. Thinking the background was looking a little bare I added clouds.




2pt Perspective Drawing

As apart of my other concept work I decided to create a city/townscape using a multipoint perspective drawing. although it started out as just a 2 point perspective. I ended up adding 2 extra points to help draw certain parts of the town, hence why I say 'multipoint' perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment